So I have been nominated for the Libster Award by the wonderful mis-organized blog! Thank you so much! I highly recommend going and checking out this lovely blog as I have very much enjoyed her posts and all that she has to say. This award goes out to new blogs as a way to discover new and wonderful blogs and bloggers and foster new connections. The rules are as follows:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog
- Thank and tag the blog who nominated you
- Answer their questions and come up with 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 8 blogs (with less than 200 followers), let them know you’ve nominated them and link them in your post
- No tag-backs
Here are the questions I was nominated for,
1. What is the story behind your blog name?
I decided upon my blog name, “Our Little Apartment” because I thought that it summed up nicely what my blog is all about. Basically the various going-ons of my day, as I live life out in my little city apartment while keeping in mind that you can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl!
2. What do you do to earn a living?
I work as a sales associate at the store HomeSense and also as an Administrative Assistant at my University’s Student Union. Someday though, I hope to earn my living by working in the parks/recreation department of a local municipality!
3. Do you have any traditions with your family/partner/kids?
My aunt and uncle have a farm back in my home-town and keep alpaca’s on it. One of my family traditions is for everyone to come out and help shear them every year. I head home and the whole rest of the family, even the neighbours, show up to all pitch in a hand. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s also a lot of good times and good food at the end of the day.
4. What is your favourite snack/meal?
I would have to say my taco pizza. I make a mean taco pizza. I will have to make it up and post the recipe here soon to share with you all!
5. What beauty product(s) do you swear by?
I don’t know if this counts as a beauty product but I am completely obsessed with the foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works! Seriously, once you try it no other soap will do. It foams up and feels so nice when you are using it, they have every possible scent you can imagine AND they work amazing!
6. What is top of your ‘To do’ list right now?
The top of my “To Do” list right now is find a fantastic summer job. I would like to do something other than customer service/retail this summer, something a little more aligned with my future career ambitions. I am hoping to get some great experience and make some new and valuable connections with whatever job I wind up with!
7. What are your favourite things in the whole world?
My favourite things in the whole world would have to be country music (because country is the very essence of who I am), line dancing (because line dancing is my favourite hobby and biggest passion) and my cat Boots (because she can make me smile even on my lowest day).
8. Tell us a little about you? Something we don’t already know?
One thing about me that I don’t think I have mentioned yet is that I am a snow-mobiler! In fact, that is what I am doing right now! My University is having it’s reading week, and I have gone up north with my boyfriend for the whole week to go snow-mobiling. I am still very new to the sport, having only done it for the first time last year, but I like to think that I am catching on. It is my boyfriends biggest hobby and passion, so I felt that it was important for me to get into it as well. It is a lot of fun and a great way to get outside and enjoy winter, just make sure you bundle up because it can get very cold!
9. What is your fondest memory?
My fondest memory would have to be when I got my cat Boots! She was nothing but a little fluff ball at first and could fit right into the palm of my hand. I had always wanted a cat, and was so happy to welcome my little goof-ball into my little apartment!
10. If you were to have a dog, what type would you get?
I would and WILL get a Border Collie! I use to have one when I was younger and she was by far the best dog in the entire history of the universe! Border Collies are the smartest breed of dog there is, very loyal and not too mention crazy cute! Once my boyfriend and I get a place of our own someday, we will adopt one of our own.
I would like to nominate,
1. Life is Nice
8. Coffee & Rae
And my questions are:
1. What are some of your favourite websites and/or blogs and why do you frequent them? (Please include links so we can check them out to!)
2. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken?
3. If you could win a free trip to anywhere in the world, where would I want to go, what would you do and why?
4. If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
6. What is one skill you have, that you are most proud of?
7. What inspired you to start blogging?
8. Do your prefer the country or the city, and why?
9. Do you have any pets?
10. What song best describes your life and why did you pick that one?