My boyfriend and I have been together for a while now, and I still never tire of finding new ways to show him how much he means to me. So in honour of our that, I thought I might share 5 special ways to say I Love You without actually saying it! Actions speak louder than words and, although I think saying I Love You is very important, I believe taking the time to do something to put meaning behind those words and express your feelings makes the message so much more powerful. So without further adieu, here is 5 special ways!
- Replace your sweethearts cheap pens with a high quality fountain pen. This will be a special reminder for them every time they do something as simple as write out the grocery list or jot down a phone number. For bonus points, get it engraved!
- Find a beautiful picture of their favourite love quote, print it out and get it framed. Then have it hanging up in a place where they can see it everyday, such as over the bed or beside the bedroom mirror.
- Spend an evening just cuddled up in bed talking! Super simple and a great way to deepen your connection and get to know each other. Be sure to ask your significant other questions and listen to their answers. The goal for this one is to learn the little things about your partner, the things that make them tick, make them glow, etc. “Loving is not just caring deeply, it’s above all, understanding” – Francoise Sagan
- Do one of their household chores, bonus points if you pick the one they hate doing the most! Your partner will love that you took the time to help them out and lighten their load. However, it’s always important to remember that you aren’t doing this so they “owe you one”. A true romantic gesture is one that is made without ulterior motives.
- Get all dressed up and take your special someone out for dinner at a nice restaurant. Then, under the table play footsies with them! This is a great way to add a little silliness and intimacy to a night out and doing such a fun thing in a nice place can be like a private joke for just the two of you.